• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEVER! User Fedex or UPS.com for shipping estimates..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

THEIR ARE SUCH BULLS***

Went into my local shipping place where ive gone for the past 3+ years to ship all my items..

Almost all items were around the estimate but still off by $3-$5..

than what ****es me off.. The LCD i shipped was supposed to be less than $20 to ship according to these stupid websites and i end up spending $40 fu***ng dollars to ship the damn lcd.

no its because they dont give you the option to put in box sizes and such, which actually increases the cost depending on the size of the box.

They do:
fedextb9.jpg

There's also the fantastic 'fuel surcharge' which the sites don't always estimate. But yea there's usually a place to put in dimensions.

I've found Staples to be equal to or lower than the UPS site shipping estimate a few times. I think the private stores increasing the shipping estimate for their own cut is true. I like the fact that the franchisees are running their own business but please don't jack the shipping -.- make monyey off your own services, UPS, FedEx are there for your volume and name recognition.

fedex.com does allow to type in the box size. this is after you typed in the weight the first time then click detailed quote. another thing there are different, places that are like fedex kinko's use list rates which are slightly higher then what you might be charged if you signed up on fedex.com for a account. that way the company shipping the item makes money to pay for the people to be there to do your packages.

i wondering though what was the DIM of the package and wieght? what service type did you choose?

Uh im not seeing why you just don't have a fedex.com account

You throw in the weight and dimensions, print off a label and drop it off at a store like that or fedex location.

I have never had an estimate that was off...

Back