• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ip35 Pro Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foxmulder

Got this board because it came highly recommended. I see that it has a second PCI-E slot and thought I read something about a second vid card in the manual.

Can I use this for SLI/Crossfire?

I didn't think I'd care but with those 8800GTs coming out....

(under expansion slots it says 1xPCIEx16, 1xPCIEx16(x4bandwidth), 1xPCIEx1, 3xPCI

CF only, SLI is for NV based chipsets only still... down the road when NV changes there drivers we might see sli on intel based boards.

CF only, SLI is for NV based chipsets only still... down the road when NV changes there drivers we might see sli on intel based boards.

That would be awesome! Is this actually in the pipeline - or are we talking pure speculation - and possibly a 1/2 year wait?

That would be awesome! Is this actually in the pipeline - or are we talking pure speculation - and possibly a 1/2 year wait?

we know it can be done... the problem is,is getting NV to do it, NV is selling chipset's. INTEL is a rival in the market to NV, though the only board with intel chipset and sli is SKULLTRAIL. intel estimated some 1000 boards for sale this is a server platform board. they way they got sli to work on this board is by using a NV southbridge... IS the only new(er) board to have SLI with a intel based NorthBridge....

Back