• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro - Sound & Video Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phu

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a Abit IP35 Pro running Windows Vista Ultimate. The windows sound seems to work fine. When I play mp3 files, they sound fine.

When I play DVD from the LITE-ON LH-20A1L DVD serial drive, I get the pictures with no sound.

When I play some AVI files from nero 8, I get pictures with no sound.

When I play some AVI files on Windows Media, I get sound and no video

Anyone knows what I can do to fix these? Thanks much.

have you updated the sound drivers? i would think something is not setup right in your dvd/media playback software... i dont use onboard on my pro but the _E audio works just ifn and they both use the same Sound IC.

I haven't updated any drivers. I put together this computer a few weeks ago and since I could hear mp3 and other windows sound and don't see any errors in the Device Manager, I just assume everything is fine. Yesterday my wife used the pc to compile videos and that's when we noticed these weird issues. It doesn't look like it's a hardware issue either...I probably just tried to reinstall some of these software to see if it fixes anything.

Back