• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd problem with my evga 680i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jblindy

Registered
I've decided to keep my 680i sli and give it one more chance. This is the third board I've received from EVGA's rma department and you know the saying, the third times a charm, right? Hopefully. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, last night I got everything up and running. The memory specs are 2 x 1 gig sticks of OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition and 2 x 1 gig sticks of OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2.

I put the sticks in alternating slots, the sli sticks in slots 1 and 3 and the platinum sticks in slots 2 and 4. When I opened up everest they were shown to be, not alternating as I had them installed, but side by side. Cpuid showed the same thing. In cpuid, under the spd tab, in the slot selection box, slots 1 and 2 showed the sli sticks and slots 3 and 4 showed the platinum sticks.

So I moved the sticks around on the motherboard and have the sli sticks in slots 1 and 2 and the platinum sticks in slots 3 and 4. Now they are showing up alternating slots in cpuid and everest ultimate? What gives?

That is correct....

The configuration (I believe) is:

1 | 3 | 2 | 4

Plus memory configuration (according to programs) doesn't matter unless you can show that you are losing performance.

Back