• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large temp difference between cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

I got my e8400 and started to oc. I reseted block few times, it looks like it has good contact. Anyways under load coretemp reports 10c difference between cores. Idle temps are same for both cores.

I don't know if this a waterblock related or just wrong temp reading. MB already has one serious bug.

So, looking for opinions.

Different core temps are normal. Remember, your computer is rarely going to use both cores at the ame load at the same time. You prett ymuch have to force your computer to do that via a stress test.

Download something like Prime95, Orthos, or super pi. And run those to stress BOTH cores to 100% load, and then monitor temps.

Different core temps are normal. Remember, your computer is rarely going to use both cores at the ame load at the same time. You prett ymuch have to force your computer to do that via a stress test.

Download something like Prime95, Orthos, or super pi. And run those to stress BOTH cores to 100% load, and then monitor temps.

Under prime they are like 10c apart. Stopping prime and within seconds both cores idle at the same temps.

10C to me seems to high. A couple of degrees I could see. It might be the water block. Which one are you using?

10C to me seems to high. A couple of degrees I could see. It might be the water block. Which one are you using?

Using Dtek fuzion, added rubber seal to the block from their nozzle kit. During priming CPU Temp is 51C, Core 1 is 61c, core 2 is 51c.

I cant see that much heat crossing from one core to the next like that, even "convection" heating going from one core through the block to the other core.
Funny as it may seem, i would suspect a core temp sensor issue. Remember the Asus board that always relayed a different signal as opposed to input? Same idea, different item.

Back