• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys i need a lil input here :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
generally stay away from kits, im not sure about the coolit though

but if you really want a kit the swiftech ones are quite good, they use mostly the parts, custom set ups uses

What exactally is loud about the case? Water cooling is excellent but it does have a high amount of daily maintence required to keep it running. In my experience leaks were quite prevalent and overall the reliability of my PC went down significantly when I water cooled and I eventually went back to air.

Well my GPU fan gets loud, the CPU zalman is quite loud and the power supply. side fans and front fans make a big different once they all running.

But i will check on parts instead of the kit then. i just want to cool my CPU and video card. that way i can take two of the side fans off and just leave one,
and let the psu take the air out of the case.

What exactally is loud about the case? Water cooling is excellent but it does have a high amount of daily maintence required to keep it running. In my experience leaks were quite prevalent and overall the reliability of my PC went down significantly when I water cooled and I eventually went back to air.

A properly done setup shouldn't require daily maintenance. A typical loop will only require you to check coolant levels once a month or two.

Leak testing is important. Testing can eliminate leaks.

Personally I would never recommend a kit. Outside of the odd kit that bundles higher end components that can be bought individually, you are going to see alot of very overpriced poorly performing setups with small tubing, poor pumps etc. Even more important, I think that just going out and buying a kit leaves you with all the parts, minus the most important thing you need and that is knowledge of what you are doing!

Do the research, pick some nice parts and you will have picked up the knowledge you need to build a reliable system along the way. There is far more information here on the forums than you will get in the tiny little "instruction manuals" that you will get with those kits.

As for maintenance, there really isn't a whole lot to maintain. Water occasionally needs to be added and the loop may need to get emptied periodically. I have a fairly long T-line so it takes a long time for the water level to drop down to the point that I need to top it off.

If you do the proper research, prepare everything you need in advance and take your time you won't have any problems with leaks. Get some worm driven clamps and run a leak test and you will be fine. You can take your rig to lan parties, move it about the house, tilt it on its side, upside down etc and you won't leak a drop. Just don't expect to slap it together and have your machine booted up 5 minutes later.

Thank you guys.
And i will take Deathnight Advise and just buy the parts needed. And take me time educating my self in this.

Ya, ask away, read, listen. I did the same and just ordered my stuff 3 months after I started reading here. Post your specs, future plans and we'll help. It's your money and your time. Rushing and missing important things can make a mess of ordering the wrong stuff and drowning a $300 vid card. No rush. Have fun

Hey crazerico. Post your specs for each item.
Your room temp now at hot part of the day. All temps in celcius please.
case brand and number so we can look it up.
Mobo brand and part # etc.
CPU and speed stock/OC, cpu volt, NB volt
cpu cooler
GPU and if OC
gpu cooler
fan layout if any diff than your listed case
and what you have for fan speeds etc.
Also your GPU/CPU idle temps, turn it on, 30 min later for idle temps. (Coretemp for CPU, ATITool for GPU)
And at load. Use Orthos for CPU load, ATI tool 3d view for GPU. Run both for 30 min at the same time then give us the load temps.

Then we'll be able to decide what you need to go WC.

Back