• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9xxx + TDX good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Blue-

Well i'm on an update plan as soon as i can and the cpu of choice will probably be a Q9450 from the E6600 that i have now.

Will the TDX i'm using now be enough? what are my options or best choices?

I've looked around and seen:

* EK-Supreme
* GT
* GTX (but i don't like the Alu top and spending another nice chunk of $ on the copper top seems insane since the total price would be more than 100$ and i find it a bit crazy)
* Fusion (which i can't find on any International shipping store, i live in Spain)

Are there any other that i might be missing? has DD come up with a decent quad block?

Thanks for your help

I was facing a similar dilema. I went with the EK-Supreme as it edges out the Fusion (before you add the extra kits to the fusion) and its delta T were way better then the other 3 blocks they tested it against.

If you can get a Supreme-Plexi it looks nice. I orignally ordered that but there was a big back order here in Canada so I went with the regular Supreme

as for your your TDX, most would say that its fine for the quad core... especially since you already have it. I personally would step it up a bit for either the Supreme or the Fusion. But what do I know :p

Yes, the TDX will work on a quad. Trust me, considering its age, you'll be surprised at the temps you'll get.
Unlike air coolers, water blocks have a tendency to outlast the cpus they were originally on.

The TDX will get you by. You shouldn't have an issue as long as your present radiator is up to the task. (eg. if you have a 120mm rad vs. a 3x120mm rad, you will see a big difference)

well i'm running 2 (2x120) cpu and a gtx

if you had to choose from all those including the tdx what would you go for?

I would stay with the TDX. I'm running my overclocked quad and it averages 24C at idle at idle with a MCW6002(It ranks a little lower than the TDX in performance)

There's nothing wrong with it if you already have it. It's just not a great idea to buy one if you don't already have a block since there are better ones out there ;).

Back