• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

une probleme.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
well, heres the deal....i got an enermax 431 watt psu yesterday in the mail...plug it in and such.....well, lemmy go from the beginning.....i had the original 300 watt psu that came with the case.....well a few weeks before christmas, whenever i would hit the power switch...nothing would happen, then...say i hit the button at 10 in the morning, randomly, sometime in the day, the computer would just turn on....i have NO CLUE what the deal is, when i first plugged the new psu in, it started right up, then i had to restart the computer....but i accidentally hit turn off, instead of restart...sooo...now the thing will not turn back on...im checking all the connections as we speak, but here is the deal...say i hit the button, the thing will turn on, and right when it is about to post, it turns right back off...and it will go back into "not turning on mode" i know nothings fried because it has started up and ran fine for a long time since this started happening....i just prefer when my computer works...so please help as soon as possible....thanks

Possible intermittent short. I had a 3.5" floppy that would short out every so often then I would have to wait for 15 -20 minutes before it would start up again. It took me a while to find it eventually just tore the computer apart and started adding things one at a time till I found it. Lucky that at that time the floppy had progressed to almost completely useless so was an easy find.

It could be the power switch that is worn out, Its a momentary switch and when the contacts inside the switch are loose your box might turn on and off randomly.

Back