• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alas, my searches have been fuitless...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwnxdotnet

Registered
I AM ON A SEARCH for a grand motherboard only fit for a king. I've been searching for weeks,
but cannot find anything close to what I need. So here are my criteria, and may someone out there have the answer.

~ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENTS~
LGA 775
No on board video or sound
No diversity on IO Panel (ex: ~PS2 and mostly USB)
sata connections CANNOT be on the edge of the board.

It may look easy, but like I said, I've been searching for weeks.
Please townsfolk, scour the village, ask other townsfolk, and help me slay this unrest!
I would call on anonymous, but they don't raid for parts :(

not sure but i think your best bet would be disabling in the bios whatever you dont want active. i assume since you dont want them there its because you dont want them active. for a reason along the lines of, theres just less there to leech off resources of the stuff you want there.

so you must be thinking,

"im going to get a audio card and a video card and an ethernet NIC with its own processor so it doesnt use the cpu. so if i can, i dont want onboard stuff there needlessly (possibly) using resources (power, processing, etc)" that i would rather have dedicated to the parts im using.

do i have that right?

You're pretty much right. I already have a sound and video card, and my case's hard drive holster is rendering my sata ports almost useless by milimeters (i've had to do some REALLY tight fitting and cable twisting).

Here is my current motherboard, which is great except for those sata connectors. I'm not EXTREMELY picky but I do have an idea for what I'm looking for.

DFI has it pretty close, but the ones that do, have intel chip sets and not nvidia :(

Right! I have my hard drives sitting on top of my case and the hard drive bay scooted out the front of the case!

I guess I should of added that twisting the cables were attempts at making it work with the hard drive container, but wouldn't work. If I'm to keep my case, which is also an option for replacement, this new board cannot have sata connectors on the edge (near the bottom).

Back