• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap 1366 mobos?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ludacris06

Registered
does anyone know when we will see 1366 socket mobos for around ..200$? these x58 ones are a little expensive..

does anyone know when we will see 1366 socket mobos for around ..200$? these x58 ones are a little expensive..

I'm wondering the same.... when is the P45-version of the X58 be out?? <$200/mobo sounds more reasonable to me than $300+! I was going to get a i7 920 to replace my Q6600, but just couldn't justify the $300+ mobo.....

mid-range nehe boards will not be out till 09. all your going to see now are high-end boards, i would say check out the ECS board. i think its lacking ocing options, i wonder what is hiding in the white papers...

I think they'll go down slightly when Deneb comes out in January 09, just so Intel can stay "on the edge". Provided Deneb is to gaming what Shanghai is to DB, virtualisation and servers, that is.

However, sub $200 seems to be a market that will be left for the Socket 1160 for now. Coming out 2H09. :screwy:

Imagine how it'd be if Intel were to have a total monopoly on CPUs...

Last edited:
This is where I import a quote from my friend

"Hey, don't rag on AMD. They keep Intel's prices down"

On topic though, I would also like to see some cheaper Nehalem hardware. But who knows, I may swing back to AMD for Deneb.

I would wait about 2 weeks and see if anything drops personally. $220 for a cheap MSI vs $300 for a good EVGA, meh ill buy the better quality. After a little bit of time the prices should drop I would not buy new technology right when it comes out.

Back