• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phanteks Revolt X / power splitter alternative?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I got an idea to run 2x ITX systems in one case, but I see that all available options are weirdly expensive and don't have power splitters.
Phanteks had a Mini XL SD case, but it's not available anywhere. They also had a power splitter - https://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWSPR.html, but it's discontinued.
The only available "store" option that I see is Phanteks Revolt X PSU. It supports 2 motherboards but costs over $300, and I already have 3 spare PSUs, so I wish to use one of them.

I wonder if any other brand sells a power splitter similar to the Phanteks one linked above or a cheaper PSU option that supports 2 mobos.
I know I can cut cables and make my own adapters (it was somewhere in crypto mining threads), but I wish for something clean and reliable.

Crypto mining generally used 2 PSUs per motherboard when dealing with adapters. So these are not really what you are looking for. The Phanteks power splitter was a dedicated circuit board for that purpose.

I did a quick search too and didn't come up with anything.

I run a revolt but don't remember it costing that much, wow. If you do go with the revolt, plan on a case with two power buttons and room for fans for both systems. The revolt does not run all the fans together so unless you run reverse splitters on the fans each system needs it's own fans. Both my systems are included in the same loop so I ended up running separate pull fans on my radiator for my ITX system while the main system runs all the rest.

I'm not sure if I decide on that as I thought I will use almost everything I already have and isn't worth selling. The total cost can be close to $600, so I'd rather run 2 separated ITX rigs than pay so much to put both in one case.
I was thinking about 2x Ryzen 7600 + B650E ITX mobo as I clearly can't run Diablo 4 + other things at the same time on one PC, and another PC runs 24/7 doing other things anyway. Right now I have Steam Deck running 24/7 and I play games on my regular PC.

To be honest it was a fun build but I wouldn't do it again. Building the loop and fitting everything in the case was a huge pain even with my Phanteks case designed for two systems. I'd go with two systems as well.

I saw comments from other users that the two systems cause various problems. I wonder if most of them are a mix of high-wattage components, as I see it only as two lower-wattage rigs to keep the total of ~400-500W max under load. 2x Ryzen 7600, one with IGP, and one with a discrete ~200W graphics card would be just right. I probably won't make it, but this was the plan in the first place.
I may also use Steam Deck running 24/7 as it's ~15-20W max ... and check how long it will live :p

Back