• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what could i expect from P5N72-T premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

153stars

#1 what could i expect from p5n72-t premium on a q9400 as far as fsb?
I'm looking to build a HTPC .I like to move my E4500 to that and get a quad .I can get that quad for $170 the board for $130 .The dilema is to go the cheap on the HTPC at least $60 mb + $70 cpu . Then still have the MSI and what ever cpu is better. Or have the MSI & E4500 @ 3.1 ghz + low end HD gpu in the HTPC and have two pretty rocking units.

I'm guessing 400-440 fsb max would what I expect out of the MSI board if I get 2-2gig sticks to put in there instead of 4@1g and add the Q9400.
I don't what to expect out of the MSI since everybody seems to have the dimond or platnium edition. I think real high those was 470 .

#2 Is it much of an upgrade is the P5N72-T premium to the MSI ?

#3 How does the nvidia 780i chipset stack up against the x38 p5 boards?
I was on hadware canucks review of the arock x48 turbo twins wifi hit 510fsb stable that's something to be said for the intel chipsets.
I probably would be asking if my abit Fatality HD-190 didn't die. I had it clocked just as high as the msi and the onboard graphics were pretty nice. I got it for 60 + 130 e4500 & ESC board,sold the bundle board for 40 and the plan was to move it to a HTPC later as the rest of rig set me back.
I'm some what a just past newb OCer and won't spend days to get another 100mgz out my rig as it's still a family computer and keeping out the gremlins it's is a part time job.
I did search several forums and didn't find much on the P5N7a-T premium and nothing on what hit for FSB wall.

Back