• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for the most efficient & cool motherboard with at least 2 pcie x16 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

Looking for the most efficient & cool motherboard with at least 2 pcie x16 2.0

Originally considered the foxconn bloodrage, but its power drain is huge! I want an efficient mobo that runs cool with at least 2 pcie x16 slots (3 would be better). I liked the MSI X58 Platinum SLI but its overclocking is hampered and I hear it runs hot, maybe the eclipse but I think heat will still be alot as the MSI X58 Platinum SLI is just a trimmed down eclipse. I plan on overclocking with a noctua or TRUE ultra. Help? Is there anything better? The less voltage/better cooling means less heat and less fans spinning. A onboard fan controller would be a nice feature. EDIT CASE IS SILVERSTONE TJ09.

Last edited:
Get the ASUS Rampage II Extreme, great for overclocking and if properly cooled it is awsome.

I have teh asus p6t6 ws revolution and its rock solid. No IDE, No Firewire, No Floppy, NO PCIe, But YES 6X PCIex16!!!

16+2 power design

you'd want an Asus overclocker/enthusiast/gaming motherboard. one with fancy heatsinks should do the trick :p

i see you've got an i7, so maybe the Asus Rampage II Extreme like ad05 suggested. if you weren't satisfied with the cooling you could always buy aftermarket heatsinks or stick water on it.

Back