• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Finished - Thanks To OCFORUMS - Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bfromaz

Wanted to say thanks for all the great info here and the folks that replied to my posts. Got my parts yesteday afternoon and put it all together. Did a basic D.O.C.P overclock to 3.6 to test thermals and stability. Box runs very cool. 34c at Idle and 50c at stress load. Will start tweaking in the next few days ( Last thing I overclocked was a p75 to 120 lol ).

My build - All purchased at the Egg

CM HAF
P6T Deluxe OC/Palm
6 Gigs Dominator 1600
I7-920
CM V8 Cooler
Evga 260GTX OC ED
Used Existing PSU and Sata Drives

I7.jpg

I7a.jpg

Bfromaz

Congrats on your i7. I'm a bit worried that your vtt(QPI/Dram) and Dram(dimm's) voltages are, imo at least, quite high and probably needlessly. I do understand that you are running you ram at @ 1800 speed and perhaps it requires those voltages. However, you only need to keep vtt within .50 volts of your vDimm so you don't really have much room to move down either if you need that vdimm voltage. I personally have found very little to be gained from higher ram speeds and have run mine underclocked more often than overclocked.

While results vary, I am running 21*192 for just over 4.0 as my 24/7 speed right now. vC maxes out at 1.36 under load, vtt(QPI/DRAM for Asus users) is at 1.296 under load and my vdimm is 1.66.

I'm waiting for my PCP&C to get back from RMA to start pushing again personally. I plan to push mine up to those voltages for some benches perhaps but not to stay there but that is entirely my person feeling on the matter.

What temperatures are you getting? I'm curious how high they rise with a mild OC and such strong vtt voltage as that is internal to the cpu. Keep us posted please, always interested to see those pushing a part of their system. I've seen some with over 2.0v on the vdimm and over 1.6 on the vtt to get ram speeds of over 2000 but I understand it is difficult to keep it stable as QPI gets to and over the 4000/8000 mark.

Congrats on your i7. I'm a bit worried that your vtt(QPI/Dram) and Dram(dimm's) voltages are, imo at least, quite high and probably needlessly. I do understand that you are running you ram at @ 1800 speed and perhaps it requires those voltages. However, you only need to keep vtt within .50 volts of your vDimm so you don't really have much room to move down either if you need that vdimm voltage. I personally have found very little to be gained from higher ram speeds and have run mine underclocked more often than overclocked.

While results vary, I am running 21*192 for just over 4.0 as my 24/7 speed right now. vC maxes out at 1.36 under load, vtt(QPI/DRAM for Asus users) is at 1.296 under load and my vdimm is 1.66.

I'm waiting for my PCP&C to get back from RMA to start pushing again personally. I plan to push mine up to those voltages for some benches perhaps but not to stay there but that is entirely my person feeling on the matter.

What temperatures are you getting? I'm curious how high they rise with a mild OC and such strong vtt voltage as that is internal to the cpu. Keep us posted please, always interested to see those pushing a part of their system. I've seen some with over 2.0v on the vdimm and over 1.6 on the vtt to get ram speeds of over 2000 but I understand it is difficult to keep it stable as QPI gets to and over the 4000/8000 mark.

Like I said last thing I Overclocked was a p75 lol. The D.O.C.P settings there were Asus's default settings. I also had a brain fart and misread CPUZ.

So went and downloaded a CPU calc hit the bios and reset a few things. Took your advice and toned down the mem. I also oced it to 3.6. My temps with prime are around 61-63. I'm going to run it overnight and see how it goes. I may push the mem tommorow and see how it effects temp. FYI thanks for the info...

I7b.jpg

Back