• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Voltage Too High

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterG

This might be more appropriate in memory, but is a mobo issue so....

I have a TPower I45 and 2 sticks of G.Skill DDR2 running at 1100 MHz or so. G.Skill's recommended voltage setting is between 1.8 and 1.9 volts. I have my mobo set to automatically determine the voltage for the memory. It has decided that 2.032V is good.

Why? And how do I fix that?

I have a TPower I45 and 2 sticks of G.Skill DDR2 running at 1100 MHz or so. G.Skill's recommended voltage setting is between 1.8 and 1.9 volts. I have my mobo set to automatically determine the voltage for the memory. It has decided that 2.032V is good.

The 8800 PI kit is safe at 2.0, there powerchips. They wont scale well with extra volts but 2.0 is very safe. If its the 8500 CL5D kit there good for 2.2volts
If you want to run the rated 1.9volts then look for dram volts in bios and take it off auto and set 1.9v.

Some mobos always have problems with setting the right V for Ram, I had an Asus that was setting it 0.4V over what is actually required. Not a big difference, but annoying.

I have the 8800CL5D. I would assume it is fairly similar to the 8500. I guess I'm just being paranoid about it. I'll just leave it the way it is.

dont worry about it it wont damage ur memory.

Back