• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Symptoms of OC'ing TOO much, what are they??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weatherphobia

Registered
Signs & Symptons of TOO much OC'ing are ??

Motherboard is UD3P using a Q9400 quad core, am wondering if some of my symptoms and signs are from TOO MUCH Overclocking?

1. Frequent non-responsiveness from non-heavy cpu programs running.
2. When something freezes and I click ctrl-alt-del it takes up to 5 minutes before the task manager is running and workable.
3. As #2, I have freezes for simple things like firefox or office excel programs, no hardcore gaming involved.

It's common for me to have at least 10 freezes per week, 50% unrecoverable causing ME to reboot.

I am NOT having random reboots.

I overclocked from stock 2.66 Ghz to 3.2 Ghz speed and nothing seemed unusual.

It did this before overclocking but it seems to have doubled in the number of 'not responding' messages from applications.

So have I described enough that should make me go back to stock speeds and leave this overclocking alone?

Please... PLEASE let me know...

You don't have to leave overclocking alone, but what I'd do is set it back to stock and find out what the problem is. If your not stable at stock clocks it will be hard to OC and find stability. Before you build a house, you need a good foundation.

Signs & Symptons of TOO much OC'ing are ??

Motherboard is UD3P using a Q9400 quad core, am wondering if some of my symptoms and signs are from TOO MUCH Overclocking?

1. Frequent non-responsiveness from non-heavy cpu programs running.
2. When something freezes and I click ctrl-alt-del it takes up to 5 minutes before the task manager is running and workable.
3. As #2, I have freezes for simple things like firefox or office excel programs, no hardcore gaming involved.

It's common for me to have at least 10 freezes per week, 50% unrecoverable causing ME to reboot.

I am NOT having random reboots.

I overclocked from stock 2.66 Ghz to 3.2 Ghz speed and nothing seemed unusual.

It did this before overclocking but it seems to have doubled in the number of 'not responding' messages from applications.

So have I described enough that should make me go back to stock speeds and leave this overclocking alone?

Please... PLEASE let me know...
Sounds like the system is just unstable.
Report back with a complete detailed list of your system hardware and which OS you are using.

Sounds like the system is just unstable.
Report back with a complete detailed list of your system hardware and which OS you are using.
Did you set your Ram timmings at manual before you over clocked your CPU?? sounds like bad timmings

Back