• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop cpu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

i have an acer aspire 5735z with a mobile intel dual core 2.16GHz cpu. according to Everest, my cpu is under clocked to 997 MHz. why is that.

i have an acer aspire 5735z with a mobile intel dual core 2.16GHz cpu. according to Everest, my cpu is under clocked to 997 MHz. why is that.

Cause it is using speedstep probably to save power. Run a program like prime95 and check everest again while it runs. Or use the benchmark everest has and look then, etc.

i still cant figure it out, i ran prime 95 for about two days, and everest still says 1.0 GHz

i still cant figure it out, i ran prime 95 for about two days, and everest still says 1.0 GHz

Do you have some laptop specific CPU throttling enabled (to save battery power)? What does CPU-Z say (all of it, not just clockspeed). What if you use mains power from the powersupply and not the battery?

cpu-z says 997.5MHz as well

cpu-z.jpg
[/IMG]

What operating system are you using? XP or Vista?

I believe Vista has this power management feature where it can set the CPU speed to either "power saver" or "power hungry". It is the power management section of the Control Panel.

Back