• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max RAM for Presario 1210 US?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I tried Googling for this but it seems Compaq got stupid and recycled laptop number, all the hits were for laptop running 150MHz Penium MMX, but my laptop is 850MHz Duron. Some memory vendor web sites seems think that 1210US and the older 1210 are the same model:screwy: Ah well, I won't be ordering from them anyway.

The spec page at HP web site seems to suggest 320MB is max (128MB installed + 256MB added, missing out the last 64MB) but some pages tended to be out dated and not mention any newer memory sizes like 512MB.

Can I get away finding a cheap 512MB PC133 module or should I stop at 256MB stick? I don't like Windows ME that came with the laptop and XP won't "do" with only 128MB installed.

TIA for any info.

so no one tried to jam a 512MB module? I would think it'd be possible to get away with it if one used low profile stick.

I bought 2 low density 512MB sticks originally for my Mac laptop. I tried one in the Compaq laptop and it sees 576MB total. So it can support 512MB stick after all.

I'm beginning to think all older pre-DDR laptop can have higher max RAM than listed if you stick with low density.

Back