• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure on max ram for this laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Have upgraded my old i3 Laptop to - https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/computers/laptops/acer-aspire-3-a315-42-r64e-15.6-laptop.html

Wanting to know what the max ram is I can put in this thing, I think it has 4gb soldered in but not sure what the max ram stick size is I can get to max the memory out.

I tried to look on the acer website but can't find the exact model with the specific numbers as given in the above web url.

I contacted the place where I got the laptop from and they are saying 8gb is the max but then to contact my local seller (nearest branch of that company).

So not sure if I can buy 8gb to put the total ram to 12gb all up or if they are meaning I can only get a 4gb stick for total max ram being 8gb all up.

If anyone has this laptop or can confirm this would be awesome since I am keen to get the ram put in to port my old laptop data over.

Thanks all,

Bandit.

I think the only numbers you need to look at as far as the model is the "A315-42" the other numbers and characters that follow are probably representative of renditions for different international markets with minor variations and/or options. But the basics should be the same for that family of laptops.

Looks like you have one unpopulated DIMM socket. I would advise obtaining exactly the same memory module if possible to go in that slot as is in the populated one or just buy two new ones as a matched pair.

Back