• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations- £300 netbook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LufbraDan23

Hi there, i'm fed up with burning my legs and getting cramp using my colossal laptop so i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good netbook for £300 ish. Needs-

a good 3hr+ battery life
a Windows OS
a strong processor and ram as i want to listen to music and browse, lightly game etc

I was looking at Acer Aspire N270 based netbooks and wondering if anyone had any comments.

Thanks

Well I just purchased a new asus Eee 1005ha and it will be here tomorrow. It was around $350 including shipping. It gets here tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Well I just purchased a new asus Eee 1005ha and it will be here tomorrow. It was around $350 including shipping. It gets here tomorrow so I'll let you know.

I have had said netbook for 2 weeks and it's great. The only problem I have with it is the glossyness of it >.< I hate fingerprints

The Asus 1000HE has a N280 CPU instead of the N270 one of the 1000HA and has a longer battery life (9h max). All it lacks from the 1000HA is the webcam

That processor is extremely weak.

Aren't they all though, i mean, netbooks all suck in that regard. I'm just looking to replace my bulky lapburner.

This is what i'm looking at guys, it doesnt say its the HE model but it has the newer cpu so im assuming its the HE?

Asus Eee PC 1005 HA - BLK068X Seashell / Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz / 1GB / 160GB / 10" / Windows XP / Netbook / Black

I have an Acer netbook I've been pretty happy with so far:

1.6ghz Intel Atom
Intel GMA 950
320gb HD
1gb RAM
Built in webcam

It's been fine for web browsing, streaming video/music...I've done a little gaming on it, it's obviously not a powerhouse, but there are lots of older games that netbooks can handle with no problems, diablo 1/2, heroes of might and magic, etc.

Since they don't come with cd/dvd drives, gog.com or steam are great places to get games.

Yeah i'd like to think that it could handle FM2010 with graphic options turned off, obviously it would chug a little but not much more than my laptop. My laptop handled it fine with a GMA 950.

I have the Asus 1005ha, it is brilliant. It will do anything that I have thrown at it so far. Fully recommend it to anybody.

Back