• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Display Driver Malfunctioning???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overload

I have a toshiba a205-s5804 for a but more than a year now. i resently reinstalled xp and i can recall before but now i have about 10 display devices listed in hardware. several default monitors, several plug and play??? the laptop starts up in 640x480 4 bit color. i try to choose a now resolution but this is lock and nothing happens. i disabled all but one default monitor and not the correct resolution to stick. but now it seems randomly i restart and get the same crap. if i cycle through displays disabling and enabling i can get it to get back to the correct display somehow. the control panel show two displays and one seems to me a TV monitor but wont activate. I DONT have tv out on this model???

anyone have ideas, suggestions what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Perhaps something went awry in your XP install have you considered wiping it out and starting over to see if the problem remains?

Back