• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot from CD/DVD on GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drsteve

Registered
Hi,

I don't really know where to post this, but hopefully someone can help me out. I am trying unsuccessfully to boot from the new windows 7 dvd is just bought. I have done all the usual candidates like changing the boot order in the bios (gigabyte ep45-ud3p), also pressing F12 and selecting boot from cd on startup makes no difference. I have two dvd writers with the disk in either, doing the same. Both the drives work fine and can read the dvd fine (when I boot to windows). So its not the DVD, its not the drives.

I currently have vista 32 on one hd and vista 64 on another and wanted windows 7 on a third drive. I vaguely remember a while ago when I installed vista 32 there was some problem with the boot loader. I ended up using vista boot pro to rescue the dual boot option and save windows. However it looks to me like this may be the problem. When the bios detects the hard disk, lots of text flashes up (too much to read) mentioning vista boot loader and booting GRLDR (whatever that is). At this point it seems to skip booting from the cd and immediately goes to the dual booting option.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to boot. I am banging my head against a wall here, as this should be simple. I can't think of anything else to do.

Thanks in advance for any help
Steve

Just an update it seems that it is a hardware or bios issue. I thought that I might get around the problem by unplugging all my existing hard disks. So all I had plugged in was one new hard disk, and the two dvd drives. However, even now trying to boot from the dvd, doesn't work. It seems to just skip this step and tells me there are no system disks (hard disks), please insert one and press enter. Again the bios is configured to search the cd drives, but for some reason this isn't happening.

Any help appreciated.

same problem...

This isn't helpful at all, but I'm having the same problem too... I'll let you know if I figure out how to fix it, or I hope you do the same! Is there anyone out there that can please help us? :confused:

Back