• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

put 4 gb in....only 3.25 usable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

i have windows 7 32 bit is there anyway i can use full 4gb....by the way i went to msconfig then boot then advanced options i uncheckhed the box stil no luck...

i agree with Eldonko... why not just upgrade to 64bit, you're not losing anything by doing so... just requires a little bit more install space.

If you bought retail box of the copy of Win7 you are running, you should have the 64 bit disc in the box. The problem is, you can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit. You will have to do a clean install.

You need a 64bit to use all 4gb, but you might not need the extra .75gb if doing an entire reinstall would be much of a problem. I ran/run 4gb on XP 32 and never had any problems with running out of memory. In fact, I don't think I've had any problems with 2gb either.

I found a noticeable difference going from 4GB to 8GB, cant imagine using less than 4 anymore. Depends what you do with your PC I guess.

I havent come across a game that didnt work in W7 x64 yet. Maybe some games arent optimized but they will work for the most part. It's not 2008 anymore :D

If you have x64 already and dont mind reinstalling it wont hurt but I wouldnt go out and buy a 64 bit OS if you already have W7 32 bit.

Back