• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 285 times 2, idle 53c load 76c, need water block cooling recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamsde

Registered
Guys I got the CPU liquid cooling installed and it's running great ...
and then I noticed realtemp (total NOOB that I am) listed my GPU's at 75c after 15 mins of Bioshock2... i was like HOLY BLEEP!

Anyway, me thinks I need to get those two guys cooled better or else they may be going bye bye WAY too soon.

Any recommendations on GPU cooling? (Blocks, rads, pumps, res etc..)
My current setup I have a swiftech rad/res combo 120.3 on the back of my case and I have NO idea where the heck i'm going to mount this second rad... maybe i'll drill holes in my desk haha (just kidding)
My initial thought is to go with a better radiator (per conondrum's previous recommendation) like an XSPC rx360, possibly the Swiftech 355P pump and XSPC top you guys like..I'd prefer a full coverage water block for the GPU's... (here's where I really need input, i have NO idea on GPU water blocks)

Another option would be to go with the Swiftech Rad/Res/Pump combo.. 120.3, would it cool those two cards well enough? My goal would be to get them down to 50c under load, not idle. Thoughts and recommendations are appreciated :)
I took pics of my current set up, i'll post some so you can see what i'm dealing with..

And a few more of the case with rad mounted on it, and one of my office just for fun :)

Last edited:
well. you could buy an aftermarket air cooler for your gpu and save some money +_+ i dont know result ofthem but search?.
a 120.3 will be enough to cool 2 of these card - a quad if u want the best temps -
120.3 (swiftech)
mcp 350 + aftermarket pump/top res
+2 gpu block (100-125$) each

Nice! Is it as loud as it looks? :)

well. you could buy an aftermarket air cooler for your gpu and save some money +_+ i dont know result ofthem but search?.
a 120.3 will be enough to cool 2 of these card - a quad if u want the best temps -
120.3 (swiftech)
mcp 350 + aftermarket pump/top res
+2 gpu block (100-125$) each

Which 2 GPU blocks do you recommend?

Big fan of DD blocks. I use a modded TDX(s775) on my i7-930 and I'm fixing to retrofit my ANCIENT RBX to this beast...if only there were more hours in the day. I don't however water cool GPUs...I just keep adding more of them. :) Not much of a gamer, but I love lotsa screens.

I have DD blocks on my sig cards. I'm a fan of the Swiftech GPU full cover blocks, then the EK brand. They look so much better, don't oxidize and they all perform just the same.

Ok so cooling capacity question: considering that i'm not planning to OC the CPU very far, could I cool the CPU with a 120.2 rad on a separate loop? (or 140.2 rad) And then cool the two GTX 285's with the 120.3 that i currently have?

I'd be willing to add another 120.3 rad, i just have no idea how or where to mount it...

Thoughts?

Hey. Just noticed. Please resize the pics so they don't take up my whole wall.

Anyhoo, the pics could be better too. We are working details in PM for final details I guess.

Back