• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED max vvt voltage for i7 930

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

transpro61181

Registered
My setup
i7 930 DO
R3E
6gb corsair dominator 1866

I was wondering what the maximum "somewhat" safe vvt/qpi voltage is on my chip if my dram volts is at 1.70? I hear 1.45-1.5 is pushing it. my goal is 220bclk and i have to have at least 1.59-1.60vvt with dram at 1.70 to get a post and that seems kinda risky

I thought you asked that in your other thread?

I wouldnt run 1.6 vtt 24/7. I would say 1.4-1.5 would be the max for 24/7 operation. Why not, like was suggested in your other thread, sit around 200 and 1600 for the memory and tighten it down?

nzaneb, and myself are benchers and for benching, those arent out of line, especially under extreme cooling (not water), 24/7 operation like you are looking for is less like I mentioned above.

I figured i needed to post the vvt issue in the cpu section as well so i could get plenty of opinions. I am gonna take the advise you guys gave me definately and keep it at 1600 and use those specs to run my system 24/7. Now im just getting ahead of myself and about to start up a second profile in my bios for an extreme o/c for benchmarking purposes that will not by any means be running 24/7

Back