• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Hybrid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is like having a slow system and a fast system all in one board?
so you can do laptop like things , browsing , liteweight game play, documents, picture viewing, and minor video viewing at one power, on a fully seperate subsystem
then
Jump over to the real system and do encoding, high end gaming, and photoprocessing, 3D renders, and all the other things that a weak system would take forever to do?

Guess which one , I will be using :) In fact notice the last few statements, running both at the same time, I bet that will save power. :)

I think that with HLT CE states, stepping , green drives, and all the stuff that they already are doing to save power WHEN not doing work , already has accomplished a lot of that.
My drives go from COLD to hot depending on the work they have to do, the cpu the same, and the ram the same, and all the fans only work as needed.
The GPU starts tossing flames out the back when it has to start really working (games). I would be more likly to use a hybrid like that, as a "second Core" , and nowdays they have 2-4-6-8 cores in computers. Cores that can get to almost ambient temperatures, and way less power when not used, , , As long as the power saving features arent turned off.

If people are using the stepping, the power saving features (when they work right) a ~4G overclocked desktop can get down to the power consumption of 2 laptops. I wouldn't like to work with a desktop when it is as slow as one laptop, thats no fun, unless it is portable too.

Last edited:
I think officially...

Did DFI go out of business?

Officially DFI ceased to do business as 'consumer' motherboard producer at the beginning of year 2010. There were some un-sold boards of various models for sale in the Usa pretty much until July of 2010 and then the numbers dwindled quickly. Of the 'many' sites I have looked at that claimed a DFI board for sale...well the cart would not complete the transaction. About it as I have seen it.

They are still supporting there lanparty x58 boards..new bios releases from time to time..
my board x58 T3eH6 runs excellent for over a year now and I still look at other x58 boards but i cant bring myself to give up my dfi..it fits my need perfectly...i went through an asus and evga board before i bought the dfi board and by far its the coolest board temp wise out of the 3 i tryed for my personal system. performance wise it was equal to the 2 other boards ive had..all in all a great board...I will miss dfi's lanparty series and hope in the future they will bring back consumer boards...colors are bright but i like bling....

Back