• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOS New build help...board won't post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richie101883

Need your thoughts...finally decided to upgrade my P4 prescott:

Asus P8P67 & Asus P8H67
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16G 1600 #996776
CM V8
CM 1000W
Haf 932
OCZ Vertex 2 120 x2
WD 1tb FAEX x4
MSI R5770

Assembled everything and got nothing...powers on and the green LED lights up on the board and nothing else. Initial thoughts were the board, because of all the BS I've read about Asus arriving DOA. Contacted Asus and they advised 15 days for RMA (their site says contact retailer if problem, and of course they're sold out). 15 days on a new build is like 6 months for me, so i ordered the P8H just to bide my time. After receiving the P8H, still nothing, after plugging in 1/2 sticks of ram & processor still nothing; I have 2 sets of 8 G ram and have rotated them to no avail, and this new board has onboard video...not a peep out of the board.

Yes, I have reset the CMOS!

Thoughts please gentlemen?... processor or 2 DOA Asus boards?????

:cry:

Last edited:
Mounted in case?
If so take it out and test it laying on the box it came in.

Tried a different power supply?

What cpu cooler?
OK, looked it up it does show PWM fans.

Yes, tried out of case. Tested PSU and its got juice, but will try another...Cooler Master V8.
I hesitate to share this again, but believe it or not, I went through 6 boards before giving up on the 2500K! 3 of the Asus, 1 Gigabyte, 2 MSI. I tried 3 sets of RAM and two power supplies and never got the Sandy Bridge fully going. The farthest I got was to do Win 7 updates and then would never reboot. On the third Asus I believe. The first Asus would reboot just by plugging and unplugging a USB device(mouse, thumbdrive, etc.), and the first CPU I had was found to be dead after returning my second mobo. I was buying all these parts thinking it would never be a dead CPU, but it was. It booted in the first board so I don't know exactly when it took a dump. None of these boards ever even made it into a case and were kept away from ESD. I mentioned this in another forum and basically was told I was full of it. Not the story you want to hear, but don't let it question your ability. Needless to say, after 5 straight days in the return line at Micro Center, I'm now on an X58 setup that went together flawlessly. Good luck!

Bad sata , chips doa and dieing .. Come on not from intel :)

Back