• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPU Comparison - Benchmark Measurement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorge-ncp-

Hello all...

I have two servers and the boss simply wants to see "in a peace of paper" a processing result comparison between both of them.

So the question is: Do you know / recommend any software that not only stresses the CPU but also measures or calculates a mathematical processing rate?

I've been told about Dacris Benchmarks 8.1, but I've never used it.

Thanks 4 ur help!

also depends on what your after... you could run pifast or superpi... which cpus are we talking about?

A single benchmark test.... wow, hmm. Who do you want to look better?

Evilsizer -- gosh, I remember seeing your user pic in PC Mag when I was a young lad. *nomnom*

Dacris Benchmarks worked great for me.
Also tried Geekbench (EarthDog) but I preferred the Dacris BM.

Yes, they are multi-cored. Both servers have 2 xeon Quad-Cores CPU's, but one uses FSB and the other QPI, one DDR2 and the other DDR3, one has Intel Boost-Tech and the other one doesn't.

If you wish to know the results let me know! I'll post them :)

Cinebench and SisSoft Sandra immediately come to mind for me. Cinebench is the ability for the processors (or graphics) to run real time ray tracing. Sandra is a whole suite that allows basically every type of testing. I believe the common ones are Dryestone and Whetstone (don't quote me).

Back