• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRAPS, but with Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

serioussam

Registered
Whenever I'm overclocking, which is very often, I'm constantly monitoring temps. I use this computer mostly for gaming, and like to make sure temps are in check during the game. However, for most games this is a real hassle. It usually involves alt+tabbing fast enough to check coretemp or ccc. This works but is annoying, slow, and not even possible for some games. So, is there some utility I don't know about that displays CPU and GPU temp during game, aka a number in the corner like fraps, always on top. I am no good with software programming, but I assume this probably isn't hard to do. So, why doesn't such software exist?

I believe that EVGA Precision (if you use that overclocking program) has the ability to display GPU temps with frame rates as an on-screen display...don't think it does CPU though.

MSI afterburner can do it for GPU also. Not sure how you could do CPU. Im sure it probably exists you might have to hunt for it though.

Afterburner can display GPU temps. What I'm talking about is an application to display temps on screen while gaming. Like a number in the top corner, so I don't have to exit out of the game just to see my temps.

Rivatuner does this. You can display whatever information you want in a game.

AB is built ontop of rivatuner so ya. It can display temps on screen in game no problem. I just dont know if it will do CPU temps.

I missed that in his first post, I'm pretty sure it does not do CPU temps. The only chance is if it can hook into an external program (CoreTemp, RealTemp, etc).

Back