• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing dell 8100 w/ Intel 850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtecteg

I'm a newbie, but I've read the guides in the front page and I can't get to the bios through alt, alt+f2, or escape then f2, or delete. I looked in the manual and said that there was a password jumper and thats it. But inside the case next to the password jumper are other jumpers but the Dell manual is not very complete for this type of description. Will I even be able to change the 100fsb? See the pic for other jumpers. I have a Intel 850 chipset with 100mhz fsb. I also plan on upgrading the fan before I oc
site1026.JPG

welcome to the forums!

nope, you cannot overclock your Dell. There is a slight chance that there's a jumper somewhere that will switch the FSB, but it's very doubtful.

Dell would rather you buy a whole new machine than speed up your old one:)

Take a look on the net for an app called CPUFSB, it is a piece of software that (sometimes) allows you to change your FSB while in Windows. Doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot! If you really want to overclock, you'll need to get a new motherboard- even if that app works it's no excuse for a full overclocker's motherboard.

Last edited:
Back