• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BF6 boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nixie

Hi

I was wondering if any of you could help with the boot problem I'm having with by BF6 board.

If I try to use any voltage other than the default for the processor I have loads of problems trying to get the machine to boot. On pressing the power switch everything appears to be powering up properly, but the monitor stays in stand by. Is this a reconized problem with this board, and is there a fix??

Anouther probelm I have just remembered is that the 750 chip will only run Unreal @ 129mhz FSB or below. Now with my PIII 450 @ 675 (150 fsb) Unreal runs perfectly!!! (Thus counting the rest of the system out). Any hints at how to get Unreal to work at 1gig?

Thanx for your help

Nix

My system is as follows:

PIII 750 @ 1000 or PIII 450 @ 675 (L2 blown) on ABit BF7 (26 degrees Idle, latest bios, orange orb on chipset)
512Mb Crucial 133Mhz Cas 2 ram (2x 256)
Matrox G400 Max with blue orb cooler
SB Live
Ultra 66 disk controller
3Com NIC
10 Segate + 40 Maxtor H/d's
52x Creative CD
8x Yamaha CD burner

I had a similar problem on my BE6II2.0! No signal to the monitor and no beep, but everything powers up. I found 3 bad capacitors behind the CPU slot :(

Back