• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with new Build and Win7 boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jetflee

Hi,
I have a problem which I have been banging my head on the desk with for the past 2 days. Everything is running at stock. This is a new build i put together and I will try my best to summarize.
Here are the specs:-
Cpu:- I5 4670k
Mboard:- GA-Z78X-UD4H
GPU:- Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC Edition 2GB
PSU:- Antec EarthWatts 650
Mem:- 8Gx2|GSKIL F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
Storage:- Gskill Phoenix pro 120GB SSD

The Problem:-
Everything post fine no errors of any sort everything reports as it should on posting and detection. The problem I have is Installing Win7 from Cd everyting appears to be installing fine until it reaches to the final options where it asks for a user and the time setting after the load is almost done. then I come to a halt screen that states the following error:-
(Interactive logon process initialization has failed) then it does a reboot.
On next bootup when it reaches to the boot loader to launch windows it states:-Fatal Error: One or more table pointers are invalid. Modification could be unsafe. Press any key to continue.

Now If i press the key to continue everything boots as normal and is stable no crashes or anything and run fine for hours. I just don't understand why the setup will not finish correctly and after it fails in the setup why I am getting the Fatal Error message an dI have to press a key to continue to boot each time. Reminds me of a car I had once where the check engine light was stuck on but nothing really checked out as bad. It's just more of an annoyance than anything.
Anyways, If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have tried multiple things from reinstalling from a clean format, making sure I don't have any other boot loaders that are interfering with anything. Running chkdsk on the partition which is clean, running bootsect.exe /nt60 commands and even though it says it rewrites the bootcode successfully the problem persists.
Thanks,

Maybe you should watch this video, should tell you the correct way to install window.
This's should be a general guide, you don't need to do exactly everything in the video

Thanks, looked it over and everythings looking right. Not sure what else can be the issue but i will look around. I thought i had it cause the motherboard didnt have the memorytimings right but corrected that and did a fresh install but no go. Will try to run a memtest to see what i get.

Remember to install on a bare minimum system with nothing else connected and no cards other than video.

I'll suggest this only because I think I have seen this. Check your date and time on the system. It may be nothing but I have seen messed up date settings cause things like this.

Z

Back