• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Th7II-Raid P4 2.0GHz Socket 478

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thugs_2

Registered
Abit Th7II-Raid - WinXP Compatibility???

I was just curious if anyone else has recieved this same error?
I have installed my TH7II-Raid motherboard with 2.0 Ghz Pentium IV. And no overclocking with 2 IBM 60GB on raid.

Ok Windows ME and also Windows 2000 Install flawless and work great, but when it comes time to instal Windows XP all hell breaks loose. :(

1.) Ive tried booting for the CD and installing. (Locks Up)

2.) Ive tried upgrading from Windows 2000. ( halfway thru i get the message saying "Drive C is Corrupt"

I have tried everyting and anything i could think of no luck even trying different Filesystems like Fat32 then NTFS and its really just ****ing me off at this point.

I went to Abits website and that was no help from there info i currently have the newest Bios and theres no new drivers that i saw anyway... Something leads me to believe that this is somehow related to the RAID i dont know why but i think so.

but not sure can anyone help me out please? bios date 12/04/01

Last edited:
Tried hitting F6 during Setup?

Hi,

did you try installing XP with the current drivers for your raid controller? At the beginning of installation XP asks for a driver disk, you should hit F6 then and "feed" the setup with the drivers from that disk, If the TH7 has the highpoint like the BD7 you should get them from www.highpoint-tech.com.

Hope it helps.

Back