• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody got a snapshot of a True Samsung 2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

I am having difficulty determining whether the ram i purchase is a genuine samsung 2700 or not, so need some pix to compare. thanx. oh, if possible, also post ur memory score thanz very much!

I can't find one at the moment.

Mine has a sticker that looks like this but the information on it is different.

product_label.gif

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/semiconductors/dram/label_information/marknpack_p02.htm

I noticed both you and starfox are having problems and both are using the same motherboard.

Maybe it's a coincidence but some motherboards do work well with some type's of memory chips depending how the motherboard mfg tweaks the bios.

Maybe there is a different bios that will allow for better compatability.

i copy down the model number on my ram (it is made in USA @ 2002)

Samsung 214
K4H280838D-TCB3
VCA452CC KOREA

And i do a search on google, find out that this ram is tested by Asus, and it is compatible with their P4333 mobo.

Starfox,
my ram is double sided, and according to Asus's webside, the ram above is supposed to be double sided, if it is 256mb, single sided is for 128mb. And what's your highest fsb so far? i am stuck at 146, and u know what queue depth does?

Placid:
thanz for such speedy reply, really apprciated ur help.

AND I STILL NEED SOME PIX!!

tainice said:
Starfox,
my ram is double sided, and according to Asus's webside, the ram above is supposed to be double sided, if it is 256mb, single sided is for 128mb. And what's your highest fsb so far? i am stuck at 146, and u know what queue depth does?

AND I STILL NEED SOME PIX!!

As you can see in the pic from the samsung website, a 256mb stick capable of 333mhz (pc2700) only has 1 row of chips.

A 256mb stick w/ 2 rows is only rated to go 266mhz (pc2400).

If I'm reading it incorrectly, then please correct me.

Tainice my chips have different numbers.

Here is samsungs web site for those chips.

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/semiconductors/search/datasheet.jsp?family=146

Here is what my chips are marked.
K4H560838C-TCB3

The difference seems to mainly be your chips are 16x8 and my chips are 32X8.

How many chips total are on your stick?
On my 256mb there are 8.

It seems that any chips with -TCB3 are rated 167mhz cas 2.5.
You are the first I have seen to have memory with the 16X8 chips maybe these chips are not as good. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Based on the info I posted and if you say that the chips have samsung stamped on then, then you do have a 256mb stick of memory w/ samsung chips but NOT assembled by samsung.

Numerous companies buy chips from samsung and assemble and sell them but these chips probably do not perform as well as the chips that samsung uses on the memory that they sell themselves.

I know the mushkin pc3000 memory uses the better samsung pc2700 chips that are tested to go at pc3000 speeds.

Hard too say Tainice.
When you want to claim to a place that they sold something different than what was advertised you want to be 100% sure you are correct.
Since you said your pcb is marked samsung but it does not have the samsung sticker with the sticks part number it's really a tough call.
All the imitiation stuff so far has had a different name on the pcb other than samsung.
If you don't feel good about what you got then return it and get some from newegg or someplace that is known to be selling the real thing.

I would post a picture of mine but I don't have a digital camera.
Newegg had a good picture of it but removed it.

Here is the chart that you probably already looked at for the chips.

Last edited:
Ah, forget it, I won't return the thing, since the purpose of the whole rig is to just to let me get a hang of how AMD system operates, and so far, everything works out wonderfully:D yeah, hey, if I want some truly awesome performance, I won't purchase the duron at the first place.

THANZ EVERYONE, FOR THE ATTEMP OF SOLVING MY PITTY DISMAY, WELL, JUST HOPING WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS THREAD, THE MORAL OF THIS THREAD IS.......BE HAPPY OF WHAT U GOT;)

tainice said:
i copy down the model number on my ram (it is made in USA @ 2002)

Samsung 214
K4H280838D-TCB3
VCA452CC KOREA

The code you are showing on the chips = 256Mb/6ns.

I just got an "original" from Newegg and I know others that have as well. It is a pretty safe bet to get one from them. Most of the Samsung ram on pricewatch is on generic PCB's though. I also have a generic "POWMEM" PCB using the same chips and also a 6 layer PCB and it hits 200fsb as well as the original stcik.

Just placed my order for 256mb pc2700 from newegg a few minutes ago. Now we'll find out if newegg really sells the original one. I'll post pics when I get it.

The price dropped this am to $82 (w/ s&H) from $87.

chiangm said:
here are some pix of samsung 512mb pc2700 i got from newegg.com

Congrats. Looks like the real thing.
Have you run any benchmarks yet? What memory did it replace?

I think i got a fake!! damn!! cuz no "samsung sticker!! attached!! i am going to tell z-buy that they carry some "no-good" stuff!!

Back