• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type/brand of pc1066 memory will work without problems on the TH7-II?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spud_work

Registered
If anyone can clear this issue up for me i would be very grateful :)

From what i understand, some people here (i.e. mrnatural + others) have been running pc1066 on their Th7-IIs for a while.

I'm thinking of getting myself some too, and i was wondering what the most hassle free purchase would be.

Spud

i've bought 4 stick of samsung PC800 (128mo) all work fine at 1066.
max i get with em its PC1120 (fsb 140*4)

I have two sticks of 256mb Samsung -32ns PC1066 RDRAM on the way to me. I'll let you know how this runs on my Abit TH7II-R.

I have no probs with my Samsung PC800 128mb sticks at 163x3 or even 151x4.

Johnny Mo

i regret my P4T-E i think abit sux.
I'm gonna sell my TH7-II because this mobo is not stable when CPU work at 100% during long time (it was with my Asus).
I think i'm gonna buy a P4T533 and i'll never buy an abit again.
i hope its stable for U

Asus makes good mobos, but in my opinion, Abit is better and has more overclocking features. What BIOS are you using on the TH7-II? You might try Mr. Natural's 7D or 7E BIOS updates, they seem to be the most stable. If you're using the 38 BIOS, it sucks. The Abit TH7-II also likes to be well ventilated.

Johnny Mo said:
I have two sticks of 256mb Samsung -32ns PC1066 RDRAM on the way to me. I'll let you know how this runs on my Abit TH7II-R.

I have no probs with my Samsung PC800 128mb sticks at 163x3 or even 151x4.

Johnny Mo

Was wondering what bios version you´re running
im running TH7H40B
It might help me go higher if i can use 143->/3instrad of 4

Regards Troca

Back