• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Freeing Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I know most of us have plenty of memory...

Has anyone tried Free Ram XP Pro 1.1? I found it on cnet and it seems to have a lot of useful options. I like it, and am interested in hearing some feedback.

Yah i remember a days when insufficent free ram was a real problem but now i think hey if it doesnt give u problems why worry. and if it does its nothing an extra 70 aus dollars of ddr ram wont fix lol

well i downloaded it arkaine and will get back with you in day to let you know what i think!!

FOLD ON

i think its the same thing like Cacheman , right? it will frees up memory used my windows and applications, and you can set when should Cacheman starting freeing memory, either when the system is low on available memory, or at a set time period you set. if you have 256mb of ram or less, then this is useful....anything larger than 256mb, its kind of useless....you can't use that much memory with just games and applications.

These apps were good with the old EDO Ram but they really affect the performance of anything using SDRAM+. I was using using Cacheman until I saw a tip and compared the performance figures with and without it and was really surprised what effect it had on system performance.

Back