• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahh #$@%.. Ok, I need some SINGLE sided DDR...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayneDolesman

I NEED to run 1.5GB of memory in my Abit BD7-II board.. unforunately it seems the Intel 845x Chipset will not work properly with all three dimm banks populated with double sided DDR! AHHHH!

Is there even such a thing as single sided PC2700 DDR in 512MB sticks?!

I'm guessing not......

Is ANYONE else running three sticks of double sided DDR in an Intel 845 board??

Maybe it's just a harsh rumor by some AMD nuts.. heh

nope its actualy in the intel data sheet that the 845 nb only soupports 3 ram banks and as a double sided ddr uses two banks it pretty much pans out that way... what i would like to sugest is you look at samsung pc2700 i know that the 256 is one sided i would expect that the 512 is aswell. what you should do is go to like new egg and look at a pic of the 512 and make sure if it is one sided that you get the samsung original not some knock off.

unseen there was actualy an artical on that on the main page a little while back a direct exert from the intel data sheet on the intel 845 north bridge states that it souports 3 ram banks of ddr memory. what most people confuse is that 3 banks is not nessicarily 3 slots. each side of the ram runs 1 bank so two dimm ddr sticks is 4 banks.

Ahh Placid, thanks.

I think I can run with 1GB (2x512) until Q4, then go out and buy a couple 512MB single sided then... Hopefully!

Thanks for the info!

i saw this thing at fry's that is like a ram bank extender.

it goes in one dimm slot, but on top of it are 3 dimm slots.
so you have 3 sticks of ram in one slot.

i think that is what i saw. is that even possible?

Back