• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest Nvidia drivers for a GeForce 2 ultra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

What are the fastest Nvidia drivers out right now to use on a GeForce 2 Ultra video card?

Aaron

Aman99 (Jun 30, 2001 07:40 p.m.):
What are the fastest Nvidia drivers out right now to use on a GeForce 2 Ultra video card?

Aaron

I am currently using the 7.52 with coolbits mod and have my memory clocked to 515mhz. I get 8729 3DMarks in 3DMark2000.

I just upgraded my drivers from 6.50 to 12.90 and my 3dmark2001 score went from 4110 to 4688. I always use all the default settings for 3dmark but have my windows display settings set to highest quality for Direct3D and OpenGL.

12.60's gave me almost 90 points in 2001 i still want to try the 12.90's but last time i downloaded then the files would not unzip.

I haven't ran 3DMark fully in a long time... the 12.xx series are best at the moment. Get the 12.41 WHQL drivers, they should be stable & fast.

I'm using 12.90 now and get a stupid dialog every time I boot. It says something about some missing entry in Nvqtwk.dll or somesuch dll. 12.60 didn't complain about that.

Ok, I just duplicated it with NVmax by clicking the "Load at Windows startup" checkbox in overclocking section.
Window caption is RUNDLL.
Text inside dialog:
Error in nvqtwk.dll
Missing Entry: NvHWCtl

It's the overclocking bit!

12.90's of course.
i don't need no damn coolbits or nvmax either.
i can o/c the card up to max with the 12.90s on (if i so desire)

Back