• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking your Radeon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

How high are you guys overclocking your Radeon 64 DDR's (cpu and memory)? And what are you running your memory latency at, Medium or Fast?

Reason I'm asking is cause I've got mine running @ 195 both cpu and memory and memory latency running at fast. I experience lockups every now and then. Nothing consistant but at random. Sometimes it will run all day with a 3D accelarated screensaver with no probs, and other days it will lockup after a few hours. I'm not sure if the problem even the card. Although nothing is overclocked at the moment (except the video card).
I was running 1 stick of PC133 256mb's and another stick of PC 100 64mb's. I took the PC 100 out. So I'll see if maybe thats the problem.

hey bdf i have the same card with vivo.
i got a program called radeon tweaker from 3dfiles.com.
im runnin mine at 200/200 and its just fine.
i set the the latency and the other option to max and it really didnt change my 3dmark 2001 score much if any but it hasnt locked up on me since i dl the latest driver.
i have stock cooling on the card and only have a 2x agp mobo.
good luck bro!

what drivers are you running? I'm running the latest official drivers. Are you running the latest beta drivers?

How high you can overclock it is irrelevant. This is because some radeon's come at 143mhz core/mem, 166mhz core/mem, and 198mhz core/mem. When you experience random lockups, do you get any artifacts?

1.......If you get artifacts, then the memory is maxed out

2.......If you get random lockups, then it is cooling.

3......Try upping your vio just a little bit.

Carmine_Paterno (Jul 08, 2001 08:54 a.m.):
How high you can overclock it is irrelevant. This is because some radeon's come at 143mhz core/mem, 166mhz core/mem, and 198mhz core/mem. When you experience random lockups, do you get any artifacts?

1.......If you get artifacts, then the memory is maxed out

2.......If you get random lockups, then it is cooling.

3......Try upping your vio just a little bit.

Do you know the markings on the chip that tell you the speed?

bdf24 (Jul 08, 2001 12:10 a.m.):
what drivers are you running? I'm running the latest official drivers. Are you running the latest beta drivers?

im running the 7140 drivers.
one of the more recent drivers that are certified (i believe the 7075) wouldnt work with 3dmark2001 for me but everything is fine now with the 7140 istalled.

Well I don't get any artifacts at all. And it has'nt locked up since I removed the PC 100. And I can't up the VI\O cause this motherboard does'nt allow it. Right now I'm running @ 201 memory and cpu. latency set to high. So far so good.
I'm using the 7115's now.
My card is an OEM w\ vivo. stock speed is 163. But it has 5.5 ns ram. So it's the same as the retail cards shipping with speeds of 183 or 198mhz.

sucks running with this PII 350 though. Can't wait untill monday when my A7A 266 & 1.2gig T-Bird comes.

And thanks for the info guys.

Uhh,

I dunno, but mine start @198 on my 64mb DDR
and i've cranked it all the way up to 250, and had no probs...
I've played with the latencies and that's when I got crazy artifacts, till it looked like my windows was falling apart...

I get some artifacts @150, but get next to no perf. gain on 3dmk1..
strange

Run mine at 193/193. At anything higher I get artifacts. This is with the latest supported drivers on ATI's site, a blorb on the GPU and heatsinks on the RAM. Score about 4000-4100 depending on whats running in the background.

Back