• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP!!! Leadtek GF2 PRO Question!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ibwalkn

I just got my Leadtek GeForce-2 PRO 64mb card and I need help trying to figure out what speed my memory is! I think this is the new enhanced version since it has the lights on it, but it has a different type of memory that the one on Leadtek's web site.
Leadtek's web site:
Samsung memory (5.5ns)
Link to Leadtek GeForce-2 PRO
My Card:
Ascend Memory
AD432M3224VLA-5
Is this 5ns memory? My card looks exactly like the one on their web site except for the memory! PLEASE HELP!!! Thx

ibwalkn (Jul 14, 2001 11:23 p.m.):
I just got my Leadtek GeForce-2 PRO 64mb card and I need help trying to figure out what speed my memory is! I think this is the new enhanced version since it has the lights on it, but it has a different type of memory that the one on Leadtek's web site.
Leadtek's web site:
Samsung memory (5.5ns)
My Card:
Ascend Memory
AD432M3224VLA-5
Is this 5ns memory? My card looks exactly like the one on their web site except for the memory! PLEASE HELP!!! Thx

Yes, mine is also 5ns memory. Mine is Hyundai, however, I never heard of Ascend brand... should still do the trick. Start creeping/overclock the memory spec up and see what happens!

Thanks Pinky!!

I haven't installed it yet, because if it was 5.5ns I was going to return it. Now I'm going to fire it up and see what it will do!!! Thx

Man this card is unstable....

I ran 3Dmarks 2000 with my GeForce 256 32DDR to see how it would compair to the new Leadtek 64DDR PRO. Then I pulled the replaced it with the new card and it couldn't even finish the test!! Downloaded the 7.97 drivers and got it to finish the 3Dmarks 2000! Here are the results.

PIII 500 (Turbo to 550)
Abit BE6 (Latest BIOS)
384mb PC100
SB Live! Value
15 gig WD ATA-66

Hercules 3D Prophet-256 32mb DDR-DVI (retail):
NOT OVERCLOCKED!
Direct X 8.0
Det. 6.XX (not sure did look, have been running them for awhile)
MadOnions 3D Marks 2000
4551 3D Marks

Leadtek GeForce-2 PRO 64mb DDR (retail):
NOT OVERCLOCKED!
Direct X 8.0
Det. 7.97 (6.XX wouldn't complete the test)
MadOnions 3D Marks 2000
5440 3D Marks

I have had more BLUE SCREENS in the last 10 hours with this card than I have had since I have built this computer!!! What can I do? Fixing to take it back and find a used 3D Prophet-256 64 DDR!! This is not worth the extra trouble for only 900+ in 3D Marks!! I bought this card for my new computer I am building! Does anyone know if this will work better with this setup?

New Computer
AMD 1000mhx (266 FSB)
IWILL KK266
1024mb PC133 Mushkin memory
SB Live! 5.1 OEM
Linksys 10/100 NIC

HELP ME PLEASE!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO???????? THANKS!

Looks like the newer drivers should help.

If your case is hot, that could cause the GPU to overheat and freeze. This is not likely, but not out of the question.

**Looking at your specs I'd almost wager your blue screens are something else.

ibwalkn (Jul 14, 2001 11:23 p.m.):
Leadtek's web site:
Samsung memory (5.5ns)
My Card:
Ascend Memory
AD432M3224VLA-5

That particular Leadtek card has 5.5ns ddr ram, they also make a yellow colored board with 5ns ram, but the green one has 5.5

I have the same card and it does 240/ 405 with absolutly no artifacts.

Best thing you can do is add a sunon 8.7cfm 40x20mill fan to replace the fan it came with, or add a small socket 370 heatsink. The problem with the Leadtek factory heatsink is that if you want to add Ramsinks, you cant add them to the two ram chips under the fan area.

Sam (Jul 16, 2001 02:53 a.m.):
That particular Leadtek card has 5.5ns ddr ram, they also make a yellow colored board with 5ns ram, but the green one has 5.5

I have the same card and it does 240/ 405 with absolutly no artifacts.

Leadtek is a good company, but they sometimes change things as different components become short-supplied. The nice thing is, they ran out of 5.5 ns memory and won't give you crappy memory, but instead give you 5ns.

Based on the info you've supplied, yours is too. If the new drivers don't solve the other problems, try removing the side of the case, blowing some air in with a fan, and see if things improve. If they do, you need better cooling, if not, there may be a bios setting or other setting mucking things up.

The leadtek driver should come with a temp monitor program...if the chip is over 70 degrees consider getting some more cooling. I run my leadtek gts/64mb OC'ed at 62 c and its fine.

This is what I was told on another board to do!

"Put the finishing touches on my new rig and started testing it. It overheated and froze at the stock speed. Took off the HSF. On the GeF2 chip was a nice glob of compound, but almost none on the HS. I added some more to the chip and also to the HS. (I also put some extra in the middle of the chip because some GeForce2 and 3 chips are slightly concave) I pulled out the springs so that they were about a quarter inch longer for more tension. Then put it all back together. I bought a case of 10 of these and 4 more were like this.

Anyway all is fine now and I am running it at 215 core and 470 memory."

I took my fan off and he was right, very little compound on my fan! I cleaned it and put the Arctic Silver II compound and added my new Blue Orb fan. Re installed the card with the factory drivers which came with the card. Seemed to run fine NO lock ups or other problems at all. I have tried like 5 diff. drivers and have chosen the Det. 10.80 they seem to work the best with this setup. I still have not added my memory heat sinks yet!

3D Marks 2001:
stock drivers (factory 200/400)
2192 3D Marks

Det. 12.41 (factory 200/400)
2347 3D Marks

Det. 10.80 (factory 200/400)
2359 3D Marks

Overclocked to 220/440
Det. 10.80
2414 3D Marks

I think the core can go higher just need to know what the temp. should be before I push it up! Anyone know what the Temp. of this card should be? Should add my own temp. sensor to see it these readings are correct? I was looking in the owners manual and noticed they had "Critical Temp." set at 72C, where mine is set at 70C. Any suggestions?

Idle:
46C Edge temp.
66-67C Surface Temp.

Running 3D Marks Test:
49C Edge Temp.
69-70C Surface Temp.

Is this Good/Bad? Thanks

Good deal. Good temps too, that's about how hot mine runs.

Those benchmarks a bit low, though. I get 2500+ with my card, so you should be scoring higher as your card is far superior to mine. What processor do you have? as this affects the benchmark...

My current system is a PIII 550
Abit BE-6 motherboard
384mb PC100 Memory
Soundblaster Live! Value
15gig WD ATA-66 7200rpm

I bought this card for my new system that I'm working on. Can't Build it yet because the case is taken apart as I mod it... :)
The new system spec.:
AMD 1000mhz (266)
IWill KK266
1024mb PC133 (Mushkin) Memory
Soundblaster Live! 5.1 MP3
30gig IBM ATA-100 7200rpm

Should be a little faster...I hope....

Back