• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7 333R and MSI Geforce 4 Ti 4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demidron

Registered
KX7 333R and MSI Geforce 4 Ti 4400, Will it fit?

I recently bought an MSI Geforece 4 TI 4400, only to find out it will not fit in my current mainboard. The BIOS battery is standing upright and blocks the end of the card. I've been planing on building a new system so I'm not totally at a loss but after looking at pictures of the KX7 333R I can see some capacitors lined right up with the AGP slot that might be a problem.

Anyone else running this setup? I'd sure like to know if this video card will fit before I buy the board.

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting either this board, or the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP with the exact same video card as you. Does it not fit AT ALL? Or with a little bit of force can you get it in there, but with a snug fit. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually that is what I'm wondering.

If you go here

KX7-333R Big Picture

The photo of the KX7-333R shows two large capacitors lined up with the AGP slot just below the pink IDE ports. I don't want to buy the Abit board and find out the hard way it wont fit. I think I've settled on the Soyo Dragon Ultra (Platinum).

Here is a link if your interested.

Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum

It's a bit more expensive but comes with more stuff :D
And from the picture you can see the Soyo has nothing at all in the way of the AGP slot.

A little bit more expensive? hehe.. well I don't know about you, but $170 is a little more than i can afford on a motherboard right now...

you wont have a prob installing that card in a Abit KX7 Raid...

I've got a G3 ti200 in there and theres nothing close to touching the card...

Those capacitors your talkin about are short lower then the card and also out of the way...

I've never heard anyone say they couldnt get a G4 fit in there so your all clear.

It is close but my PNT ti4600 fits right in although it is on the copasitator. Help I need spellcheck! this is the best board I have owned.You will love it!!:clap:

Awsome, thanks for the replies. Sounds like the KX7 is going to be the ticket then. I know the Soyo was another $50 more but it would have been worth it to be sure I could use my new video card.

Going to order that board this week, I'll post here when I get it and let ya know how it goes.

Demidron said:
Awsome, thanks for the replies. Sounds like the KX7 is going to be the ticket then. I know the Soyo was another $50 more but it would have been worth it to be sure I could use my new video card.

Going to order that board this week, I'll post here when I get it and let ya know how it goes.

Nice choice! You'll be happy forsure.. Soyo dont overclock that great but looks good heh.

I have that exact board and graphics card, and I can tell you it fits just fine. Nothing around it is in anyway touching it, or even getting near to touching it. But trying to install a HD in the middle of the lower rack of an Antec 1030 with that card installed is impossible, the card is so long.

Back