• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard and mouse dont work in windows xp.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adamu

I installed my A7V333 last night and have not been able to get my keyboard and mouse to work under windows xp. They work when booting off of a floppy disk and in the bios setup. I have tried disabling things such as sound and usb on the motherboard and have tried resetting the ESCD data in the bios. None of these things seem to work.

System:

A7V333
Athlon XP 1600+
Gainward Ti200
256 Samsung DDR 2700
Hercules Fortissimo 2
40 gig Seagate Barracudda IV

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem before I call Tech support?

Nevermind...

I solved the problem by unplugging the ps2 mouse and using an old serial mouse I had laying around. I was considering getting a USB mouse anyway.

Your problem is quite strange, at least to me. While installing xp, you must have been able to use the keyboard and mouse, correct? It doesn't make sense to me that it could work then, but not once you booted into the OS itself. Oh well, at least you got it solved.

Back