• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning on buying a K7T Master-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

Hi, I was considering buying a K7T Master-S motherboard simply because it is AMD and has onboard U160 SCSI. I cant do the K7 Master, because I dont have DDR, and 512 megs of Registered DDR is gonna cost me like $150. I found three online on Ebay for $50, never been used.

This is going to be used as a server with an Athlon 1.33. Now here are my questions.

1) Is this a good board?
2) Does this have a multiplier adjustment? (I only have a 1.33 Athlon -- 266 FSB, so I need to cut the FSB to 100 and up the multiplier to 13 or 14).
3) Any other input on the board. I've used the K7 Masters, and loved them, but never have used a K7T Master.

Most of the newer boards that use DDR are backwards compatible to SDRAM, you should look into a more modern one. And why cut the FSB? Are you using PC100? If so I'd say upgrade that and not the mobo, it'll be way more worth it than onboard SCSI.

--Illah

Reason I'd cut the FSB to 100 is because this is a KT133 board. Only supports 100 FSB.

If you have a recommendation on a newer motherboard that has SCSI onboard and takes SDRAM, please post.

Like I said most DDR boards are backwards compatible with SDRAM as far as I know. You should look into it though, I've heard of people with SDRAM in DDR boards (usually wondering why they're going so slow :) ).

As for onboard SCSI, I don't know of any offhand. Why not just get an SCSI card? How much could that cost?

--Illah

Back