• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help.....FAST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
OK, I have two hard drives in slave/master configuration, one 2.5GB Quantum Fireball(slave), and one 6.5GB Western Digital Caviar(master). The Quantum came in my OEM Gateway 166MMX machine with Win95. Recently gutted it, and replaced with Socket 370 board 1GHz Celeron, 256MB RAM, the WD drive, and recently an NIC and GF2 Ti. Now, the WD is running Master, but XP (which is installed on it) is corrupted, (3rd reinstall), so I give up. I want to reformat the bigger master to be just a an storage device for the fully stable Win95 slave. In full explanation, how would I go about doing this?

boot to ypur 95 startup disk and at the A: promt type "fdisk" and follow the instructions to delete the single partition and create three(3) 2gb paritions (i think thats all fat 16 can handle(new partitions will be totaly empty), open the comp set the 95 drive as master, boot it and when you boot 95 you may need to format the 3 paritions as fat 16

im preaty sure 95 only supports fat16 and fat 16 can only read like 2.1 gb's bet drive so a partition would be nessecary

Back