• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

simple question about notebook computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asdf_lucasnutz

Registered
hey, is there any way possible to do any kind of overclocking on this computers, since there are trademark made, and their bios isnt supposed to allow multiplier or BUS speed changes...or is it?

Or is it any way to open it and do it with jumpers?

please answer me asap.

thank you

asdf lucasnutz

For the most part, no. There may be software that supports a few laptop chipsets that can aid in overclocking them but even then I wouldn't risk it. Overclocking a laptop is going to generate even more heat which can easily damage one over time considering they have minimal cooling at best already.

ok, i understand that , but can i overclock the video chip even though it will heat? not too much off course, but will i be able? how risky can i get if i overclock it about 5 tp 10 %?

I wouldn't even consider it... heck, my athlon 4 notebook is like a space heater... sometimes tempted to sleep next to it... a nice warm body...

Besides there may be issues, many new laptops have scalable technologies... you may end up disablying them, and you don't want to do that. (More heat, more battery usage)

No point really. Once the processor heats up it will step down to cool down. I know my p4m 1.6 will step down to 1200 or even 900mhz if it gets real hot.

They get hot to begin with, so unless you are willing to cut up the case to get some good cooling in there, it will either step down or self destruct.

Back