• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better cooling method

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hammy

Which is the better cooling product? The Koolance system or the Vapochill setup? I saw that Tom's hardware got a 1.2 up to 1.6ghz with the Vapochill, what can the coolance do?

Kryotech and Vapochill probably do better than the Koolance cases. However, I think the Koolance cases cost significantly less. The AXIA T-Birds are OCing so well that the wisdom of exotic cooling becomes questionable. Assuming that you don't have money to burn.

you can get close to that with water cooling and a peltier for much less. They are neat, but too expensive to buy into.

ok, so the Vapochill system probably cools the CPU better, would the Koolance system make more sense if I have 7200RPM hard drives and a GeForce 3 video card?

Man your way off. No way a Koolance can handle a peltier that will cool a 1.6ghz Thunderbird to even Vapochill like degrees. (-7c). And no way in hell it will be able to cool it to Kryotech temp 1.6Ghz under full load -40c.

If you have the money to spend, the Vapochill system is worthwhile.

I correspond with quite a few Vapo users, and alot are running around 1.7Ghz and up ( some are @ 1800 plus "STABLE). This is with various CPU,s 1ghz,1.2ghz.1.33ghz

"STABLE being the key word here , you might attain similar speeds with air cooling , but most times air cooled systems at 1.6ghz and up, are not !!( i said most not ALL).

It also depends on how far you really want to push your CPU, if you want to wring every last mhz out of it , go for the Vapo, BUT if if this is NOT your aim then your money may be better spent elsewhere!.

Good Luck!

psykes (May 18, 2001 03:30 a.m.):
Man your way off. No way a Koolance can handle a peltier that will cool a 1.6ghz Thunderbird to even Vapochill like degrees. (-7c). And no way in hell it will be able to cool it to Kryotech temp 1.6Ghz under full load -40c.

Ah HAH! Caught you trying to sneak in without a welcome!

Well Guess What! Welcome to the board friend! Enjoy your stay. =)

Back