• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idea for Catpuring Water Vapor from Evap..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH_reverted

Registered
Dumb idea maybe.... but has anyone thought about hooking up a small to medium sized DE-humidifier to the evaporation tower apparatus? You would be able to set it up so it empties right back into the resevoir. I think it would help wouldn't it?

the problem is, the vapor escaping is warm, and the warmth is what you're tyring to get rid of, if you put the warm vapor back in as water it defeats the purpose

well you can either 1. cool the return line to the dehumidifier. 2. cool the resevoir, 3. let the vapor escape into the room and let the room cool it for you.

yes, but you gotta think, to cool the water would require another cooler, and if you're going to do that why not just sue that cooler instead? it's kinda like putting your swapfile on a ramdrive...

Fro (Apr 28, 2001 01:30 a.m.):
it's kinda like putting your swapfile on a ramdrive...

that is a very good example of why not to do this. This is good brainstorming as the best idea i have seen is the S on top, but ideas like this will help all get to a good solution.

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying there wont ever be a solution. and in fact the s that was mentioned sounds cool. i just dont see a feasable/efficient method to trap it all beek to keep from having to refill it every now and then

the best idea would be to have the dehumidifier empty into a bucket then switch the buckets every day. Let the bucket of water not being filed by the dehumidifier cool to ambient and some how have an auto filler on your evapo cooler... Perhaps 3 buckets of water. One hooked to the evapo one cooling and one being filled.

If this doesnt make sence sorry Im realy tired

Perhaps 3 buckets of water. One hooked to the evapo one cooling and one being filled.
that would work, BUT do you really want to be switching buckets every day?
i mean you could just keep adding fresh water, i wonder if there is a way to perminantly disapate the heat.....like on top, having a giant copper heatsink cooled by your room's temp? i have a sorta design for something like that. here is the pic [img="[URL]http://tyr.8m.net/zone1.gif[/URL]"]

Make the dehumifier dump the warm water in a bucket, then make another waterpump move the water slowly back from the bucket?

here's an idea. measure the exact rate of evaporation. then drill another hole midway in the tower. connect that to a hose linked to a waterpipe somewhere in your hhouse. with something for flow regulation so it gets rfilled at the same rate it evaporates. rather elaborate. but it would work. however moving it to another location would be a *****...

I was thinking using a water block attached to faucet and the warm water goes to the sink... Just crank the water to full speed and no more worrying about fresh coolant. Water bills might raise quite a lot also.

asmodean(r) (Apr 30, 2001 01:20 a.m.):
Make the dehumifier dump the warm water in a bucket, then make another waterpump move the water slowly back from the bucket?

why not just use a float valve. a toilet one would be too big but theres plenty of little ones you could use for less then 20 bucks. and instead of worrying about running a line to a inside pipe or toilet just pickup another cheap pump and a five gallon bucket of water.

Fro (Apr 30, 2001 04:45 a.m.):
here's an idea. measure the exact rate of evaporation. then drill another hole midway in the tower. connect that to a hose linked to a waterpipe somewhere in your hhouse. with something for flow regulation so it gets rfilled at the same rate it evaporates. rather elaborate. but it would work. however moving it to another location would be a *****...

or as others have suggested in this topic and several others just use a float valve, that way you would not have to change your flow rate every day due to humidity!

Back