• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double checking components for a Fractal Terra Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

I was hoping I could get your help with a build idea. With the Terra case and a Founders edition 4070 I thought I would be able to fit in the Noctua NH-L9X65. However, when I put the system together Part Picker says it's not compatible. I was wondering if anyone would mind looking over the build and let me know if they think it would fit?

Build Idea

Terrra spacing
https://support.fractal-design.com/...icles/4000194849-terra-cpu-cooler-gpu-support

CPU Cooler specs

This is my first AMD build - I am not overly familiar with their processors. I was going with the Ryzen 9 7900 for the lower TDP and good reviews for gaming performance. If there is another CPU you might recommend please let me know.

Thank you for your help!

From the Fractal website........

• *CPU cooler max height
    48 mm (Configured for Max GPU) / 77 mm (Configured for Max CPU-Cooler)

Im not sure if the length of the FE gets in the way of the cooler. Check out the first video review on the Terra's webpage though... looks like they have those details.

If you're primarily interested in gaming performance, look at their X3D line of processors as they accel in gaming.

The 4070 FE is a 2-slot card and isn't really long, so it should fit without problems.
I recommend checking the NH-L12S as it performs better than the NH-L9x65, and both will take about as much space.

Back