• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

55 degreesC idling in BIOS????HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biko

I got a probelm guys. My cpu temp is 55 to 58 degress c idling in Bios : [. I am still building the computer and the case is open. I have an Asus a7a266 with a T-bird 1.2 (not overclocked).My heatsink is on properly, I checked three times and there is a thin layer of Thermal Compound on the cpu core(RadioShack), underneath the Heatsink. I dont have any case fans on yet, so I know that will affect the temp so I put a large house fan aiming directly on the heatsink on high and I got it down only to 53.5 c.

The V-Core Voltage is defaulting @ 1.8.

I dont know if this temp is good or bad? This is my first attempt @ building a PC.

Please help me. I am trying not to fry this AMD 1.2 chip.

Obviously if its idling @ 55c then theres no point on trying to install an OS or even doing anything. So i'm hooped in a matter of words.

Desperately seeking help or suggestions.

Actually, with most (if not all BIOSes) the CPU is actually running at full load.
It is only when you get into the OS that the ACPI HLT command gets used and the temps drop at idle.

Back