• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auri87

could u guys help out a friend of mine that has a weird problem with his GF4 ti4200. his card doesnt show any features that the card is supposed to have like AA or antistropic filtering. Under device status it says the device cannot start. he is using windows xp. any idea on whats going on?

he installed the drivers that came on the cd with his card. its MSI. ill tell him to install the detenator drivers and see if anything new comes up

boot up the computer in safe mode and remove the existing drivers

than bootup the computer and install the new drivers

maybe he doesn't have a good PSU which maybe causing some problems?

still no luck, he tried a lot of things. he uninstalled all old drivers, disabled NAV and reinstalled new drivers and still no luck. just a wild guess but could it be that his old ati drivers are interfearing with his nVidia ones cuz his old card was a radeon 7000 if it is how would he get all old ati stuff off him system?

whenever i change my or some friend's graphics card i make it sure that i do a complete clean install of windows with a format, this saves me from several driver related problems which may occur

try doing a clean install of windows again and see if its working for you or not

Try the card in some other computer and see if its working properly or not

Back